Quality Improvement + Clinical Practice
The BRS currently has a Vice President for Clinical Development: Louise Wells (Advanced Clinical Specialist Renal Dietician) and a Vice President for Clinical Practice (Karen Jenkins Renal Consultant Nurse).
The roles of the vice presidents are to:
- Work with BRS Council, the Society President and other Vice Presidents to support the business of the Society.
- Facilitate feedback and involvement from the BRS affiliate groups to support initiatives in Clinical Practice, Clinical Development and Quality Improvement
- Develop collaboration with the Renal Association, working with relevant RA committees on Quality Improvement, Patient Safety and Clinical Guideline Development.
- Represent the Society in joint working with other relevant external groups and Associations, to support developments in quality, safety and clinical practice
- Report regularly on activities to BRS Council
Current role specific initiatives:
VP Clinical Development – Clinical Practice:
- Working collaboratively with relevant MDT groups, patients and associations, advise and assist with guideline development and recommendations for practice
- Point of contact and advisor for affiliates and Special Interest Groups i.e. Vascular Access, Supporting Young Adults/shared decision making
- Liaising with Journal of Kidney Care to have a regular BRS feature
- Establish links with RA clinical guideline committee
- To co-ordinate responses on consultation exercises on behalf of BRS and its affiliates e.g. NICE guidance, service specification, commissioning
VP Clinical Development – Quality Improvement
- Member of RA Clinical Services Committee, supporting patient safety agenda
- Advance quality improvement initiatives through liaison with VP for Education and VP for Research and as a member of the Kidney Health Partnership Committee
- Joint chair of KQUIP and BRS lead on KQUIP initiatives
- Lead for BRS workforce planning and development
The Clinical Development & Clinical Practice VP’s will be developing a committee combining both areas and are keen to hear from anyone who is interested in joining them